Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eventful, just the way I like it (:

Today I slept in-ish. I stayed up till 3am reading, but I slept till 9:30am which was nice, but I wish I was up earlier. I got a phone call around 9am from a hotel in town that I applied for a job at. My brother took a message and a shortly returned their call. They had me come into town within the hour- and after a short interview (Which consisted of, oh your a cheerleader? You knit? What are you working on? You're a christian!? I think you might know my daughter...) I was hired and fitted for a uniform and I started work on the golf course immediately! I'm already down for working 13 days this month along with my other job at the bed and breakfast, I'll be rolling in dough! (: Only 6 people came for golf, so the 4 hours I was there- it was very slow. My best friend and co worker Natalie, who trained me today, and I had a lot of fun taking pictures to document this momentous occasion.








After work was our bible study- then I was off to Woolly Bully Yarns. Seriously, if anyone ever travels to Leavenworth, WA- you have to stop by there. It's the cutest shop with the friendliest of staff. I showed Mary the Hermione hat pattern, and she was so sweet. She helped me find the appropriate yarn, needles, etc. and now I'm actually going to take private lessons so she can help me get started. I promise, I'm actually serious about this. I really want to become an accomplished knitter. I have a feeling I'm not going to get the hat done by the premiere- but at least it's a start. Plus- i already have this lovely grey sweater, Gryffindor Crest Necklace, whimsical black skirt, and I'm going to pick up a red lace camisole at Maurice's. Even if I don't have the hat finished, I'll look perfectly 'bewitching' in Gryffindor colors! (: I'll post pictures. If I wanted to be extremely HP, I do have a cloak with the Gryffindor crest. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment